
This is the original design idea for the base of the logo, drawn by Matthew. Originating from a picture of an eagle, re-drawn in pencil and scanned in. Lostprophet's logo has often been an eagle, so we decided to use this idea for the base of ours.

Once the image was scanned, I opened the file up in photoshop. To remove the background I used the magic eraser tool to select all the white parts before deleting them leaving the checkered background (meaning transparent). Now with the background gone, I used the magic eraser once more and selected the the darker parts, and used the lock pixels option by the layer before using the fill bucket tool to turn the shapes a block colour; I repeated this process for the lighter parts, and duplicated the lighter parts into it's own layer so I could work on them individually.

This is the single layer of lighter grey for the logo, using a filter -insert filter name here as I forgot what the name of it was- adding a beautiful metallic element to the logo.
I repeated the process with the black parts of the logo, making the parts a block colour
And again added the same filter.

Finally when making both layers visible is the full logo shown. The logo I feel fits in with the band image perfectly as an Eagle is always incorporated into their logos, whilst the dark colour scheme and mechanical elements I feel that this perfectly matches the band, and the song used.

No comments:
Post a Comment